Monday I changed my mind.
I had found something that looked
far more appealing than blondies for a
I had to make a run to pick up a prescription
and while doing so I picked up some baker's
That was the only missing ingredient.
Once I got home I began working on our
dessert. It didn't take long to put together, but I needed
time to get dinner ready for us as well.
Ok I have left you in suspence for long enough.
Chocolate Molten Cakes
6 oz bittersweet baking chocolate
10 T unsalted butter
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1/2 c flour
3 whole eggs
3 egg yolks
1 t vanilla
1 t espresso powder
- Preheat oven to 425*. Grease 6 - 6oz custard/ramakin dishes and dust with cocoa powder. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate and butter being careful not to burn the chocolate. If microwaving be sure to only place it in for a few seconds and to throughly stir, making sure all the chocolate is melted.
- Add vanilla and mix. Add powered sugar, flour and optional espresso powder (I used a tsp of coffee liquor in mine in place of espresso). Mix until well blended.
- Add 3 whole eggs and 3 egg yolks, beating well until blended with chocolate mixture.
- Divide batter evenly among cups. There is aproximately 24 oz of batter, which means each cup would have 4 oz of batter in it. I had 4-7oz ramakins and filled each with 6 oz of batter.
- Bake for 14 to 15 minutes or until edges of cake are firm, but still soft in the center. Let stand 1 minute and run a knife along the edge of the cup to loosen cake. Invert cake carefully onto a plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and raspberries or banana slices or sprigs of mint. Serve along with whipped cream or ice cream.
Makes 12 servings - 1/2 cake each if using 6 cups or 1/4 cup if using 4 cups.