CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chocolate for Valentine's Day


Every evening hubby and I like to have something sweet
once the kids are in bed. We don't do a very
good job of planning what we
want though.

Sunday I had mentioned something about
 making blondies for us. He said that sounded really good.
We had Christmas M & M's still. He had
gotten them for free. Note that we
don't eat much candy. I had him sort out
the red from the green M & M's so
I could use them for the blondies
recipe.



Monday I changed my mind.
I had found something that looked
far more appealing than blondies for a
Valentine's treat.
I had to make a run to pick up a prescription
and while doing so I picked up some baker's
chocolate.
That was the only missing ingredient.

Once I got home I began working on our
dessert. It didn't take long to put together, but I needed
time to get dinner ready for us as well.
Ok I have left you in suspence for long enough.
Here goes.

Chocolate Molten Cakes


 6 oz bittersweet baking chocolate
10 T unsalted butter
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1/2 c flour
3 whole eggs
3 egg yolks
1 t vanilla
1 t espresso powder
 (optional)

  1. Preheat oven to 425*. Grease 6 - 6oz custard/ramakin dishes and dust with cocoa powder. Place them on a baking sheet.
  2. Melt chocolate and butter being careful not to burn the chocolate. If microwaving be sure to only place it in for a few seconds and to throughly stir, making sure all the chocolate is melted.
  3. Add vanilla and mix. Add powered sugar, flour and optional espresso powder (I used a tsp of coffee liquor in mine in place of espresso). Mix until well blended.
  4. Add 3 whole eggs and 3 egg yolks, beating well until blended with chocolate mixture.
  5. Divide batter evenly among cups. There is aproximately 24 oz of batter, which means each cup would have 4 oz of batter in it. I had 4-7oz ramakins and filled each with 6 oz of batter.
  6. Bake for 14 to 15 minutes or until edges of cake are firm, but still soft in the center. Let stand 1 minute and run a knife along the edge of the cup to loosen cake. Invert cake carefully onto a plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and raspberries or banana slices or sprigs of mint. Serve along with whipped cream or ice cream.
Makes 12 servings - 1/2 cake each if using 6 cups or 1/4 cup if using 4 cups.


Seriouly? I ate the whole thing by myself! I loved every last bit of that bad boy too! Hubby said it was
too much for him. He couldn't handle it.

The M&M's are still waiting to be made into something delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment