CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 11, 2011

Baked French Toast with Praline Topping


This is so yummy!
It came from hubby. He
doesn't like to cook. I had found it
odd that he would have such a recipe.
We had this last Friday for supper to
change things up a bit.


Baked French Toast
1 large loaf French bread
8 large eggs
2 cup half and half
1/2 cup milk
3 T sugar
1 t vanilla
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg

Slice bread into 1" slices and place upright in a buttered 9x13 pan.
Combine all other ingredients and beat until blended but not bubbly.
Pour over bread, making sure liquid gets between slices.
Cover and refrigerate overnight. In AM drain excess liquid.

* I didn't drain excess and it
turned out fine.

Praline Topping

1 c butter, softened
1 c brown sugar
1 c chopped pecans
1 T light corn syrup
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg

Mix together. Spread evenly over bread. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes
or until center pieces are done. If top gets too dark cover with foil.

Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Mindy! I'm so glad you posted this, I was just thinking this morning how I needed a new french toast recipe! I've already printed yours out :) Thank you! Also I'm a new follower by the way and saw your post over at It's a Crafty Life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having new brunch recipes for after church. Can't wait to try this one. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello cute blog! This is adorable! Glad I found you over at It's a Crafty Life's Linky party.

    ReplyDelete