CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 1, 2010

Easy Quiche

Really this should be called quick Quiche. Only because it's fun to say. And a good use of q's. Every day I do my best to get dinner ready/prepped/started when one of my two girls are down so that I am not juggling so many balls. Yes, supper usually gets started at 3ish, but it is something that will either take that long to make or can be prepped a few hours in advance. (hubby gets home around 5ish most days)
I had found this quiche recipe in "The Coupon Mom's Guide". She has a list of recipes in the back of the book that are on the cheap. The quiche one is a good way to use up leftovers to avoid throwing money out. I hate that we seem to waste so much food. Some weeks I can do quite well at curbing that, but I am not consistant at it.

Easy Quiche
2c or 8 oz shredded cheese (any type you prefer)
1/2 c add-ins, such as ham, peppers, onions, broccoli, ect (optional)
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 c milk
3/4 c baking mix, such as Bisquick

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease an 8x8 inch square glass dish or a 9 inch round pie pan. Spread cheese on the bottom of the pan. Spread any optional add-ins over the cheese. Mix the eggs, milk and baking mix. Pour over the cheese and toppings. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly and serve whole or cut in half.

I love adding cheese and frozen broccoli. There are times where that is all I will add, making it a meatless night. Today I added leftover sausage (from a bad recipe) with spinach in it,  frozen broccoli and cheddar cheese. When I mixed together the egg mixture I added sour cream to that since I had that left from last week as well. In the past I have used leftover taco meat, salsa and cheese. It is great for dinner and what is left is good for breakfast as well! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment