CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Homemade laundry soap


It is great to find ways to cut grocery cost. Lets face it - laundry soap is expensive (inless you are a nudist). I had found a recipe for it over at Unlabeled Mama. I headed out to find the needed ingredients. In my mind I was sure it was going to take some searching. Really, one stop and it was the first and only stop. Nothing better than that when you have 2 under 2. I was able to find it at Krogers. Both the Borax and Super Washing Soda were right next to each other!
What you will need

1 c Borax
1 c Super Washing Soda
1 bar of Ivory

Grate the Ivory bar - this is sooo simple because it is soft. I was worried at first, because I don't have a food processor or any other appliances to assist me. Measure out the Borax and the Super Washing Soda. Be sure you get the Super Washing Soda. This will do more than clean your clothes, but will be great for you pipes.
Once its mixed together you can place it into a container or a sealable bag (that is what I did). Measure out 1 tablespoon per load. If it is extra dirty then use 2 tablespoons.
I had read the boxes for their uses. There are so many other things you can use these for. Cleaning dishwashers, carpet stains and not to mention the fact it cuts though grease from meats and other foods. Plus, there are no perfumes.

12 giveaways12 giveaways

No comments:

Post a Comment