CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Crusted Honey Dijon Chicken

Secret is out! I confess this was originally Pecan Crusted Chicken. Pecans can be expensive though. And what if you dont use all of them? The first time I made this I omitted the pecans. Last night I made this using cornflakes. It was highly approved of.
On a side note. We live in northern Indiana close to all the vineyards of Michigan. In fact that was one of our first dates - wine tasting. One particular vineyard is Tabor Hill. We had their Demi Sec at our wedding (which happens to be a wine that has been at the White House). Hubby loves the Pecan Crusted Chicken there that is accompanied with raspberry sauce. The closest I had gotten was with reduced balsamic vinegar. I encourage you to try balsamic vinegar.
So the recipe for the Crusted Honey Dijon Chicken

4 chicken breast
1/2 t. salt
1/4c honey
1/4 c butter
2T Dijon mustard
crushed cornflakes - I didnt measure the amount. There were some already crushed that needed to be used. I would guess a cup of crushed flakes though.

Season chicken with salt. Combine honey, mustard and butter in a shallow dish and stir well. (I melted the better since it was cold. I think it helped everything to combine better.)  In a seperate dish or resealable bag place crushed cornflakes. Coat chicken with honey mustard mixture, then coat with cornflakes. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350.
I lined a baking pan with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Then poured some of the remaining honey mustard mixture on top of the chicken breast before putting them in the oven. They looked like something from a high end resturant. The best part? Cheap!!

* Helpful tip - spray measuring cup with non-stick prior to pouring in honey. This will allow it to come out without a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment