CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Kitchen Renovation - Part 1

Back in 2008 hubby and I had done a complete renovation of our kitchen. Oh - did I mention I was pregnant during it?! The renovation began in July I believe and completed it in November. Hubby had us on a schedule of completion. The completion date was her due date. She was late! Well, we got it done before she arrived.

When I say this was an extensive renovation I am not kidding. The kitchen was gutted. to. the. studs. When I post what it looks like now you will know exactly what I mean by extensive. The house was built in 1945 - I like to think a sweet man had done it as a surprise for his wife. The date it was carved in the cement of the basement - February 15th, 1945.

The white spot on the wall - where cabinets resided.

Ewww!! That tile is sooo nasty! Looking at these pictures is just amazing. The kitchen went through such an incredible transformation! The door led to the hallway and living room. That was closed off to allow room for cabinets. 


That's me - about 5 months pregnant.
We cleared everything out to begin demolition.

There was a serious lack of cabinets. Cabinets - is that what those were really called? They lacked substance and didn't offer much.

Tomorrow demolition begins. If you have done this kind of thing before you know there is always a suprise in store.

Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment