CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 21, 2010

So many projects!

I successfully completed my first pillowcase dress. The dress was made from three different colors/styles of patterns. I had gotten two of the three materials from Joann Fabrics for 99 cents each! The fat quarters were on sale and I knew they would be perfect for a small project. The bais tape I had made myself, which I used on the arm holes and for the ties. In the future I will be turning the ends of the bais tape under to hide the raw edges. Now that I have that one done I have been working on two at once. Im making one for my youngest that is going to be 6 months this coming Wed and another for my oldest. This one is going to be an A-line dress. Im hoping it will turn out to be just as cute. I plan to layer them with warmer clothing for the winter months to extend their wear.



Lately, I have been thinking I could make a seatsaver for my car. With a toddler seat facing backwards and her little feet with shoes rubbing on the back of the seat makes me cringe knowing how much dirt will eventually collect. A light bulb went off and I used a tank that hubby had put in the trash and I had fished out knowing I could repurpose it. I had put it on the seat this morning and it fits perfectly. Best of all it cost me nothing! Now Old Navy is having a t-shirt sale until Wed for $5 - this is my chance to refresh my shirts. They are in dire need of being updated!!
We are off to Redamak's in New Buffalo, Mi! Good stuff. Its only open until October and will open again in Febuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment