CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 28, 2011

Life's Set Backs with Blessings

In 2007 my husband and I
were planning our wedding. He had purposed in
January.
And the nuptials took place
in
September.
He wanted them to occur sooner.

But, in April we were thrown in a
complete tail spin
when
my health took a sudden turn
for the worse.

It was Easter weekend.
His family was coming to visit.
They live 2 1/2 hours away
and I had been dreading
it.

When I had sudden pain in my rib cage
on the left side on that
Friday evening
I attributed it to anxiety.
I was dreading their
visit just that
much.

My sleep that night was terrible.
I could lay only on my right side.
Not on my back.
Just on my side.
Saturday progressed.
I had gone to a
walk in clinic.
The next day I had to go back in
to get an x-ray done.
At the time
I had gone they were not
available to do testing.

In the meantime I had some pain killers.
Those
did
not
touch it.

Monday morning came.
I went in to get testing done.
They were waiting for the radiologist
to read my test.
I asked if I was able to leave
and was told yes.

I was a walking time bomb and did not know it.
They frantically called me.
Two things were going on that needed
immediate
attention.

First I was anemic.
I wasn't too surprised at that.
There was another medical
issue I had been dealing with
a few years that
had caused
that.

Secondly
was a pulmonary embolism.
During the course of Saturday I had gone
online to do a little research for myself.
I had seen that and was like nahhh.
That is just way extreme.

That nahhh became a
yup!

Once returning to the walk in clinic I was told
of my diagnosis.
Immediately I was sent to the
hospital where I stayed for a
week.

I am visiting this because of the
anniversary of it around the corner.
It was April 9th.
And secondly I had read about Serena Williams
suffering from the same thing.
Here you can read a little more about
pulmonary embolism ( aka PE)
along with signs, symptoms
and
what causes them.

Can I tell you that in the midst of
all of that I had the most
calm, peaceful feeling about myself.
Everyone was worked up.
I had a friend tell me
that I looked like
death.

Seriously a wash of serenity had
come over me. A feeling like I had never
experinaced before.
It was incredible.

While I was laying in my hospital bed
I had what felt like a hand on mine.
It was on my right hand.
No one was
there.

Soon to be hubby was on my left.
As far as could be
from my right side.

That time for me was marked not by the diagnosis or
what had occurred within my body, but what
had occurred within
those serene moments that were so personal.
The same feeling experienced when you deliver a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment