CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 10, 2010

Homemade pancake mix and cinnamon sauce

I confess that I am a junkie when it comes to watching food cooking programs. That in addition to collecting a ton of recipes, which are not always made. But one day while watching Food Network this had came on and I had to try it. A basic homemade pancake mix that you can have as a staple in your pantry for those weekend breakfast. I recently came across a similar version of it, but with a little extra umph to it.

Instant Pancake Mix

4 C  Flour
2 tsp Baking soda
3 T   Baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 C Malt Powder
1 tsp  cinnamon

For every 1 cup of mix add:
1 egg
1c milk
1T melted butter

If you want to get fancy you can add some Cinnamon Sauce to them once they are cooked. My husband loves this stuff. I haven't made it in quite some time and he hasn't asked for it. I think he forgot about it. By the way, I can not take credit for this. I had found it while leafing through some cook books at a book store - I didn't buy the cookbook.

Cinnamon Sauce

1/2 C  Butter
3/4 C  Brown Sugar
3 T     Half and Half
1T      Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Cloves (ground)
1 T      Flour

Melt butter over medium heat.  Add brown sugar, 2T of half and half, cinnamon, salt and cloves and cook while stirring constantly until mixture comes to a simmer. Remove from heat. Add 1T half and half and flour.
The mixture will be think, but is ever so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment